The Award/ Scholarship: General guidelines
- 50 young people will be given scholarships (25 from Myanmar and 25 from Asia and the Pacific Region) which covers conference registration fees, travel and transportation including visa fees, board and lodging, other related expenses and pre-conference orientation.
Guidelines for the Youth Scholarship selection
- Interested young people from Asia and the Pacific region are invited to submit a youth application form together with an essay (maximum 2 pages in English).
- The essay should describe the involvement in youth development, the importance of sexual and reproductive health and rights to young people and how they can share knowledge gained in the conference.
- The application form and essay must be sent to the 8th APCRSHR Youth Scholarship Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject "Youth Scholarship Application" on or before 9th October 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
- Youth Scholarship Committee reviews all the youth applications and selects 50 youth scholars (25 from Myanmar and 25 from Asia and the Pacific region). Selected youth scholars will be contacted not later than 5th November 2015 via email. Final list of scholars will be announced on 16th of November.
Criteria for Selecting the Youth Scholar
- The youth should be between the ages of 15 to 29; and
- Has a significant contribution or involvement in youth programmes and relevant SRH activities in his/her country as reflected in the essay submitted.