For more information please go to evisa.moip.gov.mm and information on restricted area go to mip.gov.mm.
- Your passport validity must have at least (6) months.
- You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.8 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3) months.
- Letter of Invitation to you from a registered company. (Sample Here)
Company Registration of inviting company. (Sample Here)
- Certificate of Incoporation (For Local Company) or
- Certificate of Registration of Branch Office (For Foreign Investment Company)
- Visa, Master, American Express or JCB credit cards for the payment of USD 70.00.
- You will need the following before you apply :
Business Visa processing information :
- The validity of eVisa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
- Length of stay is (70) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
- eVisa service is non refundable.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
- The processing time is upto (3) working days.
- eVisa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
- Currently passengers with eVisa are only permitted to enter via Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International Aiport and Mandalay International Airport. We will announce other port of entry in due course.
- If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise, please contact your tour agent for Pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You will not be able to use eVisa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
- If the decision is not allowed to entry, you may return by the same flight.
Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption for 14 days-
- Thailand (Three International Airports Only)
- Viet Nam
- With relevant Ministry recommendation letter, you may extend your Workshop/ Seminar/ Meeting/ Research Visa.
- Passport holder from the following countries and Taiwan are eligible to apply Workshop/ Seminar/ Meeting/ Research e-Visa:
Information and Visa Forms Regarding On-Arrival Visa
|No.||Country Name||No.||Country Name|
|11.||Czech Republic||36.||New Zealand|
|23.||Italy||48.||United States of America|
|24.||Japan||49.||United Kingdom Citizen|
The new system for granting entry visas and re-entry visas to foreigners will be introduced beginning January 11. According to the new system, there are 12 types of entry visa and three types of re-entry visa as mentioned here under in the tabular form:
12 types of entry visa
|No.||Type of Visa||Fees||Duration|
|1||Gratis Diplomatic/Official Courtesy Visa||Free||Tour of Duty|
|2||Official Visa||US$ 20||28 days|
|3||Tourist Visa||US$ 20||28 days|
|4||Business Visa||US$ 36||70 days|
|5||Employment Visa||US$ 36||70 days|
|6||Social Visa||US$ 36||28 days|
|7||Religious Visa||US$ 36||70 days|
|8||Education Visa||US$ 36||70 days|
|9||Journalist Visa||US$ 36||28 days|
|10||Crew Visa||US$ 36||28 days|
|11||Workshop/ Seminar/ Meeting/ Research Visa||US$ 36||28 days|
|12||Transit Visa||US$ 18||24 hours|
The above-mentioned visas can be applied for at Myanmar embassies abroad. Applications for Business Visa, Workshop, Seminar, Meeting, Research Visas, Crew Visa and Transit Visa can be obtained on arrival at Yangon International Airport, Mandalay International Airport and Nay Pyi Taw Internation Airport.
As MMCWA is NGO, we don't recommend to apply the business visa. Please kindly apply the Workshop, Seminar, Meeting, Research Visa.
Port of Entry:
The visitors are required to enter from Nay PyiTaw International Airport, Yangon International Airport and Mandalay International Airport.
List of Countries Having Bilateral Visa Exemption Agreements with Myanmar
(As of January 2014)
In Alphabetical Order
|Duration of Stay||
|Duration of Stay||
|Duration of Stay|
|1.||Bangladesh||√||90 days||√||90 days||×|
|2.||Belarus||√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
|√||14 days||√||14 days||×|
|4.||Cambodia *||√||30 days||√||30 days||√||14 days|
|5.||China (P.R.C.)||√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
|6.||India||√||90 days||√||90 days||×|
|7.||Indonesia *||√||14 days||√||14 days||×|
Republic of Korea)
|√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
(Republic of Korea)
|√||90 days||√||90 days||×|
|10.||Laos *||√||30 days||√||30 days||√||14 days|
|11.||Malaysia *||√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
|12.||Philippines *||√||30 days||√||30 days||√||14 days|
|13.||Russia||√||90 days||√||90 days||×|
|14.||Singapore *||√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
|15.||Sri Lanka||√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
|16.||Thailand *||√||30 days||√||30 days||×|
|17.||Viet Nam *||√||30 days||√||30 days||√||14 days|
- Asterisk*denotes the Member States of the ASEAN.
- According to these bilateral agreements, the Myanmar officials, holding either diplomatic or official passports, are kindly requested to check the visa requirements for their preparation of the trip. If unclear, please contact the Consular Department. (067-412063).